ROSCOMMON- The Annual Christmas in the Village events is scheduled for Dec. 3.
Scheduled activities include:
8:30-11:30 a.m. BREAKFAST WITH SANTA, Roscommon High School, 10600 Oakwood, sponsored by Roscommon High School Marching Bucks
– 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. CHRISTMAS OPEN HOUSE, Gallimore Boarding House, 404 Lake St, cookies & candy for sale and FREE wassail will be served
– 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. GINGERBREAD HOUSE CONTEST, AuSable River Center, 211 N Main St. Contact Made Up North for more information
– 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. CRAFT SHOW at CRAF CENTER GYM, 606 Lake St, CIV 4 Week Raffle Tickets. Plus, pre-order pasties from CIV; pasties will be made Feb 4, 2023 with same day pickup, price $7 each or 4 for $22.
– 11 a.m. to 2 pm. KIDS CORNER in the CRAF center, free make and take craft, sponsored by Don Nester Chevrolet
– 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. BEACON ASSEMBLY OF GOD will be open for hot cocoa, cookies and cookie decorating, 250 Lake St
– 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. BUCKET RAFFLE for small, decorated trees for the Child Assessment Center in the Village Hall, 702 Lake St
– Noon-5:30 p.m. LIVE WOOD CARVING DEMO, with Sawdust & Splinters on the CRAF Center lawn
– Noon to 8 p.m. BOOK FAIR inside the CRAF Center, sponsored by the Literacy Council
– Noon to 8 p.m. CHRISTMAS TREE SILENT AUCTION, decorated by Roscommon Elementary School classes, located at Richardson School House, 404 Lake Street.
– 1-3 p.mm. KIDS CRAFT & MOVIE at Roscommon Area District Library, 106 Lake Street
– 1-3 p.m. SKYE HIGH GYMNASTICS will be open, $10 to use equipment, 111 N Fifth Street.
– 2:30-4 p.m. LAKE STATE RAILWAY SANTA TRAIN, donations will be accepted to support toys for tots, AuSable River Center, 211 N Main St
– 3 p.m. 2ND ANNUAL 5K REINDEER RUN, AuSable River Center, 211 N Main Street
DUSK Luminaries welcome you down Fifth and Lake Streets
– 4-8 p.m.STREETS CLOSED
– 4-8 p.m. VILLAGE BUSINESSES OPEN HOUSE
– 4-8 p.m. FOOD TRUCKS THROUGHOUT THE VILLAGE
– 4–8 p.m. COOKIE WALK, The Butcher’s Wife, 801 Lake Street
– 4-8 p.m. LIVE REINDEER, next to The Butcher’s Wife, 801 Lake Street
– 4-8 p.m. PETTING ZOO with small animals at Gardiners Jewelry, 706 Lake St
– 4-8 p.m. FREE HOT COCOA & CIDER at Fifth Street Market parking lot, sponsored by Gaylor Insurance Agency
– 4-8 p.m. KIDS ACTIVITIES at Uncommonly Good, 407 Lake St
– 4:30 p.m. UNTIL SOLD OUT, Lions Club Hot Dogs at The Bird and The Bear, cash or canned good donation, 205 N Fifth
– Noon to 5 p.m. FREE CIDER & DONUTS by the Chamber office, sponsored by Don Nester Chevrolet, 709 Lake St
– 5:45 p.m. ELECTRIC LIGHT PARADE, starts at Nesters Chevrolet on Federal/Old 76/N Fifth St, proceeds to traffic light, turns right on Lake Street, ends at First St
– FOLLOWING ELECTRIC LIGHT PARADE, Village Christmas tree lighting on the CRAF Center lawn
– AFTER TREE LIGHTING, kids can visit with Santa at the Santa House in BC Pizza parking lot, 800 Lake St
– 6:30-10 p.m. BABY IT’S COLD OUTSIDE PARTY, AuSable River Center, 21 and older, sponsored by Rotary and RARA, 211 N Main St
Watch for the ROTARY MEMBERS AND THEIR MEMBERS. They are collecting money for the local food pantry.