GRAYLING and surrounding counties –
- There will be occasional Aerial gunnery and transition flights in the Range 40 impact area.
Scheduled range activity is minor which will continue through the holidays. Range activity will pick up after the New Year as exercise Winter Strike kicks into high gear mid-January. Believe it or not, Christmas is less than a few weeks away. While the holiday season brings family and friends together, it serves as a time to remember our military families and troops overseas.
DID YOU KNOW?
The Grayling Air to Ground Range in Waters, MI offers viewing to the Public on Tuesday afternoons. Anyone interested should call 989.354.6335 the morning of your potential visit to ensure availability. Other days and times will be on a case-by-case basis. HAPPY 386TH BIRTHDAY TO THE NATIONAL GUARD!!!
CAMP GRAYLING HAS FOUR (4) MAJOR RANGE COMPLEX AREAS:
- SOUTH CAMP (small arms ranges): W of Lake Margrethe, E of the pipeline; on Howe, Murphy and Daniels Roads.
- RANGE 13 COMPLEX & Light Demo Ranges 20-21 (mortars & demolition range): Respectively located at the S end of Beaver Road in Crawford County and W of Engineer Valley in Kalkaska County.
- RANGE 30 Multi-Purpose Range Complex (MPRC): Fenced Range bounded by N. Down River Road, Stephan Bridge Road, Bucks E-W Truck Trail and Tank Trail parallel to Jones Lake Road. Weapon size determines road closure.
- Small Fan: The MPRC fenced area plus, all roads and trails outside the MPRC fence, bounded by Stephan Bridge Rd, Dyer Truck Trail, Wakely Bridge Road and an unnamed county trail approximately 3km. S and parallel to Co. Hwy. 612.
- Large Fan: Small fan, plus all roads and trails bounded by Wakely Bridge Road, then E for one mile to intersection of N. Down River Road and Bald Hill Truck Trail, then N to an unnamed county trail approximately 4km. S of Village of Lovells, then W parallel to Co. Hwy. 612 back to Wakely Bridge Road.
- RANGE 40 COMPLEX (Artillery and Air-To-Ground Range): Fenced area SE of Marlette Road and SW of Sand Lake Trail, W of Lonesome Lake Rd and KP Truck Trail and 2-2.25km N of Co. Hwy. 612. Gates and barricades vary outside the fence based on weapon systems. Includes artillery firing points (FPs) located around the entire range.