Huron-Manistee National Forests waive fees for National Public Lands Day
CADILLAC, Mich. (September 20, 2019) – The USDA Forest Service will waive fees at most day-use recreation sites in the Huron-Manistee National Forests on Saturday, September 28 in celebration of National Public Lands Day.
Hikers, paddlers, and other outdoor enthusiasts will have free access to some of the forests’ most popular recreation sites, including:
- The Nurnberg Trailhead at Nordhouse Dunes Wilderness Area in Mason County;
- The Reid Lake Foot Travel Area in Alcona County;
- 4001 Canoe Landing and other access sites on the AuSable Wild and Scenic River;
- Loda Lake National Wildflower Sanctuary in Newaygo County; and
- High Bridge Access Site and other access sites on the Manistee Wild and Scenic River.
The National Public Lands Day fee waiver does not apply to:
- Camping fees;
- Day-use fees at the 14 sites in the Manistee National Forest that are managed by concessionaire American Land and Leisure; or
- Special fees, such as Pine and Pere Marquette River watercraft permits.
The Forest Service will offer one additional fee-free opportunity in 2019:
- November 9-11 – Veterans Day Weekend
The fee waivers are made possible by the Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act. Other federal land management agencies, including the National Park Service and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, determine their own fee waiver schedules.
For more information about fee waivers at specific recreation sites, please contact the Huron-Manistee National Forests district offices:
Baldwin/White Cloud Ranger Station: Phone (231) 745-4631
Cadillac/Manistee Ranger Station: Phone (231) 723-2211
Huron Shores Ranger Station: Phone (989) 739-0728
Mio Ranger Station: Phone (989) 826-3252
Up North Voice and UpNorthVoice.com are Northern Michigan’s source for community news.
We cover seven counties that include the following communities: Hale, Roscommon, St. Helen, Houghton Lake, Prudenville, Grayling, Frederic, Waters, Gaylord, Johannesburg, Lewiston, Atlanta, Comins, Fairview, Mio, Rose City, West Branch, Skidway Lake, Sand Lake area, Glennie, Oscoda, East Tawas, Tawas City, and National City.
We are also a full-service commercial design and printing house. Our specialty is custom commercial printing, as well as the creation of clothing, cups and other marketing products.
To submit information for publication, or for questions regarding promotion of your business, please email info@UpNorthVoice.com , or call 989-275-1170.
Up North Voice is a division of AuSable Media Group, LLC , based at 709 Lake Street in Roscommon.