GRAYLING and surrounding counties –
CAMP GRAYLING HAS FOUR (4) MAJOR RANGE COMPLEX AREAS
- SOUTH CAMP (small arms ranges): W of Lake Margrethe, E of the pipeline; on Howe, Murphy and Daniels Roads.
- RANGE 13 COMPLEX & Light Demo Ranges 20-21 (mortars & demolition range): Respectively located at the S end of Beaver Road in Crawford County and W of Engineer Valley in Kalkaska County.
- RANGE 30 Multi-Purpose Range Complex (MPRC): Fenced Range bounded by N. Down River Road, Stephan Bridge Road, Bucks E-W Truck Trail and Tank Trail parallel to Jones Lake Road. Weapon size determines road closure.
- Small Fan: The MPRC fenced area plus, all roads and trails outside the MPRC fence, bounded by Stephan Bridge Rd, Dyer Truck Trail, Wakely Bridge Road and an unnamed county trail approximately 3km. S and parallel to Co. Hwy. 612.
- Large Fan: Small fan, plus all roads and trails bounded by Wakely Bridge Road, then E for one mile to intersection of N. Down River Road and Bald Hill Truck Trail, then N to an unnamed county trail approximately 4km. S of Village of Lovells, then W parallel to Co. Hwy. 612 back to Wakely Bridge Road.
- RANGE 40 COMPLEX (Artillery and Air-To-Ground Range): Fenced area SE of Marlette Road and SW of Sand Lake Trail, W of Lonesome Lake Rd and KP Truck Trail and 2-2.25km N of Co. Hwy. 612. Gates and barricades vary outside the fence based on weapon systems. Includes artillery firing points (FPs) located around the entire range.
CONGRATULATIONS to our very own HEATHER GREEN on being chosen Camp Grayling State Employee as well as DMVA Employee of the Year! VETERANS: Come visit us along with over 60 vendors at the Grayling Ramada Inn on October 27th from 10-2 for the Veteran’s Benefit Fair.
- Range 40 Complex gates will be OPEN Monday-Wednesday as well as Sunday and CLOSED Thursday-Saturday. There will be occasional Aerial bombing Monday-Thursday.
- South Camp will be occupied and ACTIVE with Small Arms training.
- Range 30 MPRC Complex gates around the Small & Large Fans are OPEN.
- Range 13 Complex will have some limited activity.
For further clarification about gate closures, always call Camp Grayling Headquarters at 989-344-6100. For the most up-to-date information on Camp Grayling, please search for Camp Grayling Joint Maneuver Training Center on Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn.