GRAYLING AND SURROUNDING COUNTIES – Camp Grayling has four (4) major range complex areas which consist of:
- SOUTH CAMP (small arms ranges): Near our Lake Margrethe neighbors.
- SOUTH CAMP RANGES 1-21/RANGE 13 COMPLEX (mortars & demolition range): Near Lake Margrethe.
- RANGE 30 COMPLEX (multi-purpose range complex):
- Small Fan: All roads and trails between Stephan Bridge Road and Wakely Road, which include the area between North Down River and County Road 612.
- Large Fan: All roads and trails between Stephan Bridge Road and Bald Hill Truck Trail, to include the area between North Down River Road and County Road 612. Bucks East West from Tank Trail to Bald Hill Truck Trail.
- RANGE 40 COMPLEX (artillery and air-to-ground range): Area Southeast of Marlette Road and Southwest of Sand Lake Trail.
Range activity this week consists of many active ranges from North to South through the weekend. The Range 40 Complex is active with A-10’s performing aerial gunnery and light bombing Monday through Wednesday for day missions. Night missions occur Thursday evening.
Residents east of Waters may experience increased noise from A-10 and F-16 aerial gunnery between the dates: May 31st – June 2nd. LIVE-FIRE from heavy machine gun through June 5th requires CLOSURE of all gates and trails adjacent to the range 40 complex. Range 40 exterior fence and gates remain CLOSED at all times to civilian traffic.
All roads and trails east of the Range 30 Complex (MPRC) require CLOSURE from Stephan Bridge Road east to Wakely Bridge Road to civilian traffic.
South Camp ranges 1-21 are very active, including demolition and mortars. Use caution when traveling roads and trails in south camp area, as many military vehicles are transporting troops and equipment day and night.
Further clarification about gate closures is available through Camp Grayling Range Control at 989-344-6156.
For the most up-to-date information on Camp Grayling, please search for Camp Grayling Joint Maneuver Training Center on Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn. Stay safe out there and Be All You Can Be!!!