GRAYLING and surrounding counties – Each week the “CAMP GRAYLING RANGE REPORT” is available to keep the public informed and safe.
WELCOME: Michigan National Guard, 107th Fighter Squadron and Washtenaw Metro Law Enforcement
This week roads and trails around Range 30, the MPRC Small and Large Fan, will be OPEN.
There will be A-10 Aerial Gunnery on Range 40 Monday – Thursday this week. Trails and roads around Range 40 will be CLOSED. Expect to hear EXTRA NOISE Monday through Wednesday with possible 500 lb bombs being dropped mid-morning and early afternoon.
NEWS: The Camp Grayling USO is preparing to OPEN for its 2nd year. This is the 1st USO to open in the State of Michigan. If you are interested in volunteering, please call 843.860.6591. We will be hosting the Northern Strike 5k on Sunday, Aug. 6. Follow our event page on Facebook for more details.
DID YOU KNOW? The Grayling Air to Ground Range in Waters offers viewing to the public on Tuesday afternoons. Anyone interested should call 989.354.6335 the morning of your potential visit to ensure availability. Other days and times will be on a case-by-case basis. Remember to wear RED on Fridays (“Remember Everyone Deployed”)
FOUR (4) MAJOR RANGE COMPLEX AREAS
- SOUTH CAMP (small arms ranges): W of Lake Margrethe, E of the pipeline; on Howe, Murphy and Daniels Roads.
- RANGE 13 COMPLEX & Light Demo Ranges 20-21 (mortars & demolition range): Respectively located at the S end of Beaver Road in Crawford County and W of Engineer Valley in Kalkaska County.
- RANGE 30 Multi-Purpose Range Complex (MPRC): Fenced Range bounded by N. Down River Road, Stephan Bridge Road, Bucks E-W Truck Trail and Tank Trail parallel to Jones Lake Road. Weapon size determines road closure.
Temporary Non-Dudded Impact Areas:
- Small Fan/Surface Danger Zone: The MPRC fenced area plus all roads/trails outside the MPRC fence, bounded by Stephan Bridge Rd, Dyer Truck Trl, Wakeley Bridge Rd and an unnamed trail approximately 3km. S and parallel to Co. Hwy 612.
- Large Fan/Surface Danger Zone: Small fan, plus all roads and trails bounded by Wakeley Bridge Road, then E for one mile to intersection of N. Down River Road and Bald Hill Truck Trail, then N to an unnamed county trail approximately 4km. S of Village of Lovells, then W parallel to Co. Hwy. 612 back to Wakeley Bridge Road.
- RANGE 40 COMPLEX (Artillery and Air-To-Ground Range): Fenced area SE of Marlette Road and SW of Sand Lake Trail, W of Lonesome
- Lake Rd and KP Truck Trail and 2-2.25km N of Co. Hwy. 612. Gates and barricades vary outside the fence based on weapon systems. Includes artillery firing points (FPs) located around the entire range.
For further clarification about gate closures, always call Headquarters at 989.344.6100. For the most up-to-date information on Camp Grayling, please search for Camp Grayling Joint Maneuver Training Center on Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn.