REGION – The North Central Michigan Community Foundation (NCMCF) recently awarded 11 new grants totaling $20,540 to local nonprofits for programs and projects benefiting residents of Crawford, Ogemaw and Oscoda Counties. The NCMCF Board of Trustees approved the 2022 Community Impact Grants on August 16.
Grants awarded include:
- $6,400 through three grants to Rayola Inc. to purchase duffel bags, quilts and supplies for children in the Michigan Foster Care system from the NCMCF service area;
- $3,210 through two grants to Northern Transformation Corporation for transportation assistance for the MiCareer Quest event;
- $2,500 to Ogemaw Hills Community of Caring for a Diabetic Health Outcome program;
- $2,500 to Pegasus Springs Therapeutic Riding Center to assist Oscoda County residents in utilizing the Center’s services, and capacity building projects;
- $2,175 to The Coalition of H.O.P.E. for its Rockn’ for Hope Music Festival;
- $1,384 to Optimist International Foundation for its “Breakfast with Santa” program;
- $1,618 to C.O.O.R. Great Start Collaborative for its Little Libraries Great Start project;
- $753 to the Crawford Roscommon Child Protection Council for its “Fatherhood in 15” project.
NCMCF Community Impact Grants come from the Crawford County Community Needs Endowment Fund, Ogemaw County Community Needs Endowment Fund, Oscoda County Community Needs Endowment Fund and Monnie Orr Memorial Fund. Funding for some health-related grants also comes from the Crawford, Ogemaw and Oscoda Tobacco Settlement Funds, as well as the Ogemaw County Health Care Initiative Fund and Oscoda County Health Care Initiative Fund.
The North Central Michigan Community Foundation is a charitable organization that serves as a catalyst and resource to inspire private giving for the betterment of Crawford, Ogemaw and Oscoda Counties.
Led by a volunteer board of local citizens, the foundation oversees a group of permanent endowment funds from a wide range of donors. Gifts of all sizes from individuals, families and businesses are invested in a balanced, well-managed portfolio to build endowments, enabling support for local community nonprofits now and forever. To donate or learn more about how community foundations work, visit ncmcf.org.