Open Auditions: ‘Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead’
by Tom Stoppard
Mon. 3/13 & Wed 3/15 @ 7 PM
Au Sable Artisan Village Gallery
219 Michigan Ave., Grayling
GRAYLING- Hailed as Tom Stoppard’s landmark work, Ros & Gil Are Dead is a drop-dead funny look at the arc of a character in literature. Ros & Gil journey to they-don’t-know-where, to do they-don’t-know-what, from where ever it is they’ve been. They certainly don’t know what the outcome of their endeavor will be. In fact, they’re not really sure who they are, having never met their creator, William Shakespeare. Along the way they are “advised” by a seemingly knowing “Player” and his rag-tag troop of actors. Of course, only an actor could explain to Ros & Gil how to approach the roles to which they have been relegated.
- Prince Hamlet (aged 18-30)
- Claudius – His Uncle Father King (aged 40+)
- Polonius – Advisor to the king and anyone else who will listen (aged 40+)
- Alfred – A young player relegated to all the female parts undertaken by the troupe (aged 12-18)
- Four tragedians – the rag tag bunch (ages 15-90)
- Gertrude – The Queen, Hamlet’s ma (aged 40+)
- Ophelia – Hamlet’s ill-fated beloved and question mark in dramatic literature (aged 15-30)
- For our purposes females could be cast as very male tragedians
- Rehearsals are divided into 1.5 hour blocks: 6:30-8:00 & 8:00-9:30.
- Not all actors are required to be at all rehearsals.
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday – March 27 – May 4
- Friday & Saturday – May 5 & 6 @ 7 pm; Sunday May 6 @ 4:30 pm
Crew ALWAYS Needed
- Learn to set and execute light & sound cues
- Running crew (behind the scenes)
- Stage manager
- Builders for simple set construction projects
SIGN UP AT THE GALLERY DURING AUDITIONS or leave your contact info for the theatre director, JOMARIE LEONE, with the gallery staff at 989-745-6096.