Welcome New GSC Members! GSC membership is now 355 and still growing.
Garnet Bailey, Jason Bergwall, Cheryl & Steve Batowski, Jason Campbell, Andres Castanon, John Ellis Sr., John Ellis Jr., Brent Fluke, Dr. David Hunter, Ken Korzym, Dave Malm, David Matthews, Ashley & Michael Peterson, David Platt, Jeffery Richards, Dennis Rowland, Nandor Santho, Michael Schafer, Tanya Stephens, and Nathan Willty.
Grayling Sportsman’s Club Officers and Directors 2023
- President – Joe Meadows 989-233-5656
- Secretary – Jim Hutton 248-556-6842
- Vice President – Jim Cusmano 586-321-2792
- Treasurer – Ethan Hutton 248-990-6170
- Director – Dave Williams 517-648-2903
- Director – Don Burkley 989-745-3369
- Director Jerry Gertiser 989-745-2179
- Director – Matt Corlew 989- 390-1613
- Director – Bob Roberts 989-390- 4463
- Director – Ed Rowell 989-366 -9619
- Director – Tom Haller 989- 348-8931
- Director – Pat Trombley 989-344-9304
- Director – Dick Schwann 989-389–7376
- Trap Chairman – Joe Meadows 989-233-5656
- Skeet Chairman – Pat Trombley 989-344-9304
Currently Grayling Sportsman’s Club does not have a working phone number. If contact cannot be made by e-mail, please contact one of the above Officers or Directors. email@example.com.
Thank you for volunteering!
- Jim Boylan, John Alef, Ethan Hutton, Dave Markle and Pat Trombley for reroofing the rifle range station
- Neil Wilkinson for donating the flat screen TV that is now hanging in the club house
- Ethan Hutton for mounting the TV in the club house and loading the screen shots
- Dave Markle and Jim Hutton for removing ropes and posts temporarily to help snow plowing
- Pat Trombley and Jim Cusmano for running site-in days
- Carl Marchlewicz for donating additional steel siding for future projects planned to include roof on storage #4
- Joe Meadows for night lighting the flagpole · Paul Mesick and Jim Pung for monetary donations
- Thanks, Ron Fortier, for closing down the ranges a lot.!
- Dave Markle and Dave Williams for getting Trap #4 machine working
- John Alef for cutting the grass ALL season
- Matt for keeping the frig full of beverage and the coffee supply ready
- Dave Williams for blowing snow off the shooting walkways
Member of the Month: Ferrell Thomas
Ferrell Thomas has been a club member for over 6 years. He moved to Grayling with his first wife who needed to be close to her parents and grandparents. He came from the Appalachian coal fields where he worked as a coal miner. After moving to Grayling, he worked at Weyerhaeuser’s for 29 years. Sadly, Ferrell’s first two wives Gayle and Linda have died. He is fortunate to be with his girlfriend Janet. His family has grown to four children between them both. Ferrell is an avid pistol shooter (mostly .22’s). You will see him on the range every Tuesday. Every summer he holds a Field Day Fun Shoot at his house. When you talk to Ferrell, he will tell you bits of history like tearing down Terry Linderman’s father’s Barn or how he is an avid antique collector. Ferrell says he has “retired to the easy life” but he keeps busy helping others as an Elder in the Baptist Church and delivering Meals on Wheels with Janet (to name just a few things). All and all, Ferrell is a great guy who is always willing to help others.
The rifle range shelter has a new roof thanks to ‘roofers’ John Alef, Jim Boylan, Ethan Hutton, Dave Markle and Pat Trombley. The Club Maintenance Committee is planning more improvements to the range including new fencing and gate.