March Activities and News:
- St. Patrick’s Day Luncheon – Thurs., Mar. 16 from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. is our Corned Beef and Cabbage meal. You must register in advance for this meal, and it is curb-side delivery only!
- Sound Healing Session – Join Sound Healing therapist Pauline Hardacre on Fri., Mar. 17 from 10-11a.m. for a meditative experience that helps relieve stress and increase focus.
- Birthday Lunch – On Mar. 28 we celebrate all the birthdays for people in February. Come eat lunch with us at 11:30 a.m. and stay for cake and ice cream.!
- Volunteers Needed – Most of the Meals on Wheels are delivered by volunteer drivers and we need more drivers. Make a difference every week by delivering meals to our older adults who struggle to maintain themselves at home. To find out more about any of these opportunities or to sign up call Alice Snyder at 989-348-7123.
- Volunteers Needed: Do you have a knack for selling advertising? Love to talk with businesses in our community? This might be for you. Help sell advertising for the Senior Gazette. To find out more about any of these opportunities or to sign up call Alice Snyder at 989-348-7123.
- AARP Safe Driving Class – The AARP in conjunction with the Crawford County Commission on Aging & Senior Center is offering the AARP Smart Driver Course. This two-day course will be held at 308 Lawndale Street, on May 9th and 10th from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. Please call the Commission on Aging at (989) 348-7123 to register.
- Tai Chi for Arthritis and Falls – The Crawford County Commission on Aging in partnership with Michigan State University Extension will be offering Tai Chi for Arthritis and Fall Prevention starting in April, Tues., and Thurs., 9 to 10a.m. from April 4- thru May 25. Please call the Commission on Aging at (989) 348-7123 to register.
- New to Medicare – Join us via Zoom for a presentation that will help demystify the issues surrounding Medicare, Wed., Mar. 29th at 11a.m.
- Deterra Pouch – With Deterra, drug disposal has just gotten easier and safer. These free drug disposal pouches are easy and safe to use. The COA will have pouches available to pick up. Stop in to get a pouch at 308 Lawndale St. in Grayling.
- Medication Lock Box – Keep your prescription medication safe with a lock box. The COA will have medication lock boxes available to pick up. Stop in to get a box at 308 Lawndale St. in Grayling.
- Friends of a Feather – Quilting and sewing group meeting the first Tues., of the month, Mar. 7, at 9 a.m.
- Bible Study – Every Tues., at 10a.m., Ron Larson leads a guided study and discussion surrounding Biblical topics.
- Mahjong – Every Wed., from 1-3p.m. Mahjong players play this fun and challenging game!
- Chess Club – The Crawford County Commission on Aging is hosting a Chess Club called Checkmate on Mon. from 1-4 p.m.
- Penny Bingo – Bring your pennies to play Penny Bingo every Thurs., from 1-3p.m.
- Pantry Bingo – Play bingo every Fri., from 1-3p.m. for the chance to win pantry items!
- Medicine Shoppe Bingo – Thurs., Mar. 2 at 3 p.m. play Bingo to win Medicine Shoppe coupons!
- Foot Clinic – Schedule your appointment with a registered nurse to have your feet cared for on Mar. 27. Appointment slots available from 12-3p.m. Appointments take 15 minutes on average and the cost is $25. Payment must be made in advance.
The Crawford County Commission on Aging & Senior Center would like to invite you to participate in any of the following activities at our new Senior Center location just east of Town next to Grayling Car Care on 4388 M72 East, Grayling:
- Diamond Dancers – Line dancing group that meets Tues., at the Fredric Township Hall at 1:30p.m. for beginners and later Tues., at 5:30p.m. for level 2 and 3. Maze Stephan and Ruth Pilon instructing.
- Pickleball – Now play one of America’s fastest growing sports Mon.,-Fri., from 9-11a.m..
- Zumba Gold – Tues., and Thurs., from 10-11a.m., Nancy Lemmen instructing.
- SilverSneakers – Mon., and Wed. from 10-11a.m., Rich Ferrigan instructing.
- Indoor Walking – Come walk indoors at our new Senior Center on Tues., and Thurs. from 11a.m.-12p.m.. Bring a pair of shoes to change into!
For more information please call (989) 348-7123.