- Exterior roads and trails will be OPEN. However, expect some occasional noise over the weekend.
- A-10 Aerial Gunnery on Range 40 will continue through the week with the 107th Fire Squadron.
May 6th is our 2nd Annual KENTUCKY DERBY GALA with the National Guard Association of Michigan. GET YOUR TICKETS by visiting www.ngam.org/grayling-gala. DON’T WAIT, they will sell out fast! All monies raised will support Veterans with PTSD through the “54 by 24 Service Dogs Save Lives Campaign”. ALSO, on May 6th we will be hosting a MEET THE GUARD – COMMUNITY DAY with LIMITED TICKETS available. Details will be posted shortly on our Social Media pages.
DID YOU KNOW?
The Grayling Air to Ground Range in Waters, MI offers viewing to the Public on Tuesday afternoons. Anyone interested should call 989.354.6335 the morning of your potential visit to ensure availability. Other days and times will be on a case-by-case basis. Remember to wear RED on Fridays (“Remember Everyone Deployed”)
CAMP GRAYLING HAS FOUR (4) MAJOR RANGE COMPLEX AREAS:
- SOUTH CAMP (small arms ranges): W of Lake Margrethe, E of the pipeline; on Howe, Murphy and Daniels Roads.
- RANGE 13 COMPLEX & Light Demo Ranges 20-21 (mortars & demolition range): Respectively located at the S end of Beaver Road in Crawford County and W of Engineer Valley in Kalkaska County.
- RANGE 30 Multi-Purpose Range Complex (MPRC): Fenced Range bounded by N. Down River Road, Stephan Bridge Road, Bucks E-W Truck Trail and Tank Trail parallel to Jones Lake Road. Weapon size determines road closure.
- Small Fan: The MPRC fenced area plus, all roads and trails outside the MPRC fence, bounded by Stephan Bridge Rd, Dyer Truck Trail, Wakely Bridge Road and an unnamed county trail approximately 3km. S and parallel to Co. Hwy. 612.
- Large Fan: Small fan, plus all roads and trails bounded by Wakely Bridge Road, then E for one mile to intersection of N. Down River Road and Bald Hill Truck Trail, then N to an unnamed county trail approximately 4km. S of Village of Lovells, then W parallel to Co. Hwy. 612 back to Wakely Bridge Road.
- RANGE 40 COMPLEX (Artillery and Air-To-Ground Range): Fenced area SE of Marlette Road and SW of Sand Lake Trail, W of Lonesome Lake Rd and KP Truck Trail and 2-2.25km N of Co. Hwy. 612. Gates and barricades vary outside the fence based on weapon systems. Includes artillery firing points (FPs) located around the entire range.