REGION- The Michigan Restaurant & Lodging Association (MRLA) today announced that online voting has begun for two Stars of the Industry Awards categories — “Bartender Star of the Year” and “The Resort Star of the Year.” This year, the MRLA introduced public voting for the first time for these two categories. Winners in “Bartender Star of the Year” and “The Resort Star of the Year” will be decided by the public, giving fans and guests a chance to actively engage in celebrating the industry’s best. Public voting will end at 5 p.m. on Oct. 13.
The Stars of the Industry Awards, hosted by MRLA, recognizes outstanding members of all roles who have gone above and beyond to contribute to the positive image of Michigan’s hospitality industry. The winners in each of the 18 categories will be announced during the Stars of the Industry Awards Dinner on Nov. 9, 2023, at Saint John’s Resort in Plymouth. The Stars of the Industry Awards encompass a diverse range of categories, each highlighting excellence in specific roles within the hospitality industry.
Bartender Star of the Year Finalists:
- Jennifer Caldiran – Ruth’s Chris Steak House (Grand Rapids)
- Tricia Daniels – The Watershed Tavern & Grill (Haslet)
- Misty Gerecke – Continental Creagar (Rochester)
- Hannah Greer – JW Marriott (Grand Rapids)
- Curry Lund – Suburban Inn – Big E’s Sports Grill (Grand Rapids)
- Jeremy Williams – Amway Grand Plaza Hotel – MDRD Restaurant (Grand Rapids)
Resort Star of the Year Finalists:
- Crystal Mountain – Thompsonville
- Grand Traverse Resort – Traverse City
- Mission Point Resort – Mackinac Island
- Treetops Resort – Gaylord
To read background information about each nominee and/or to cast your vote, visit https://www.mrla.org/vote.html.
Voting is now open and will continue until 5 p.m. on Oct. 13. The winners of all categories will be announced at the Stars of the Industry Awards Dinner on Nov. 9, at St. Johns Resort in Plymouth.