The Crawford County Commission on Aging (COA) has been closely monitoring the COVID-19 respiratory disease since its arrival in Michigan on March 10th. Based on the Governor’s Executive Order 2020-9 and recommendations from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, the COA has decided to take the following proactive in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, to ensure the health and safety of agency clients, caregivers, staff, volunteers, and community members:
• The Crawford County Commission on Aging & Senior Center will be closed to the general public effective Wednesday, March 18th until further notice.
• Staff at the Commission on Aging will continue to staff the office Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm. If you need assistance, please call the office at (989) 348-7123.
• All activities, events, classes and trips have been suspended until further notice.
• Congregate Meals will continue to be offered Monday thru Friday on a curbside take-out basis from 11:30am – 12:30pm. Meals can be picked up at that time for both lunch and dinner as well as meals for the weekend. Please call the COA at (989) 348-7123 to order your meal for take-out.
• Meals on Wheels will continue to be delivered on an alternative schedule. Telephone reassurance calls will continue to be made to clients at home for safety checks.
• In-Home Services will continue to be offered with priority given to our clients in greatest need.
As indicated by our President and the Governor of Michigan, the return of programs and services to its normal level remains unknown as the situation continues to change daily.
and Up North Voice are Northern Michigan’s source for community news.
We are also a full-service commercial design and printing house. Our specialty is custom commercial printing, as well as the creation of clothing, cups and other marketing products.
Up North Voice is a division of AuSable Media Group, LLC, based at 709 Lake Street in Roscommon.