GRAYLING – The Grayling Sportsman’s club held its last meeting of 2019.
- New meeting time has been set at 3 p.m. the first Wednesday of each month.
- Club meetings have been canceled for January, February and March of 2020.
- Club Directors approved the purchase a defibrillator, to be delivered soon. (hope it gets here before it is needed). The 2020 membership cards are in and being distributed to members that have paid 2020 dues. Combinations for access to the ranges will be changed Jan 1,2020. Please send in or pay the $55 and get the new combinations.
- Winter trap Dan Skeet Leagues will be organizing soon. More information to follow when dates are finalized.
- Elections for officers and directors were held during the December meeting. Dave Markle was again elected president with all other officers and directors remaining being retained.
- Starting Jan. 2020 new requirements will begin for Hunter Safety Instructors. Mandatory attendance at a training/ workshop will be required of all instructors as well as requirements of online reporting of student activities. If you would like to become an instructor or did not received the most recent DNR letter, please contact Jim Smith at 989-348-1202.
- The old skeet machines (the machines that were replaced) were sold in November for $2,400.
- The club was well represented at the M.T.A. registered team event held at the M.T.A. Mason Shooting grounds. The team consisted of Dave Markle, Chet Schneider, Bob Paul, ‘Butch’ Linn and Jerry Bauman. The group shot a combined score of 464/500, but it wasn’t enough to place.
- Long time club member and trap shooter John Whitmore passed away in early December. We will remember and miss him on Trap #1, where he always volunteered during the ATA trap meet shoots.
Standing club activities
Sunday Open Skeet and Trap at 11 a.m.
Wednesday – Open Trap and Skeet at 11 a.m.
Tuesday – Pistol Shooting at 1 p.m.