REGION- The Department of Natural Resources is committed to providing Michigan residents the opportunity to share input and ideas on policy decisions, programs and other aspects of natural resource management and outdoor recreation opportunities.
One important avenue for this input is at meetings of the public bodies that advise the DNR and, in some cases, also set policies for natural and cultural resource management. Frequently check the DNR boards, commissions, committees and councils webpage for updates.
The links below will take you to the webpage for each group, where you will find meeting details such as location and agenda (when finalized). Please check these pages often, as meeting details may change and sometimes meetings are canceled.
- Accessibility Advisory Council – Tues, June 13, 9 a.m. (Contact: Lindsey Henski, 517-284-5958).
- Belle Isle Park Advisory Committee – Thurs, June 15, 9 a.m. (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135).
- Board of Foresters – Thurs, June 15, 9 a.m. (Contact: Brenda Haskill, 989-370-9557).
- Coldwater Resources Steering Committee – Mon, June 26, 10:30 a.m. (Contact: Troy Zorn, 906-235-6191).
- Eastern Upper Peninsula Citizens Advisory Council – Tues, June 13, 6 p.m. EDT (Contact: Stacy Welling Haughey, 906-226-1331).
- Michigan Historical Commission – Thurs, June 15, 10 a.m. (Contact: Michelle Davis, 517-331-7374).
- Michigan Iron Industry Museum Advisory Board – Tues, June 13, 3 p.m. (Contact: Troy Henderson, 906-475-7857).
- Michigan Natural Resources Commission – Thurs, June 8, 9 a.m. (Contact: Jennifer Callen, 517-331-7792).
- Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund – Wed, June 14, 9 a.m. (Contact: Jon Mayes, 517-284-5954).
- Michigan State Parks Advisory Committee – Wed, June 28, 2 p.m. (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135).
- Michigan State Waterways Commission – Thurs, June 22, 1 p.m. (Contact: Michelle Wieber, 517-285-0747).
- Snowmobile Advisory Workgroup – Thur, June 22, 10 a.m. (Contact: Anna Centofanti, 517-331-6219).
- Timber and Forest Products Advisory Council – Fri, June 23, 10 a.m. (Contact: Kimberley Korbecki, 517-582-3220 or 517-284-5876).
- Trails Advisory Council – Tues, June 27, 1 p.m. (Contact: Anna Centofanti, 517-331-6219).