GRAYLING – The Crawford County Department of Health & Human Services is hosting its 11th Annual 2019 Christmas Adopt a Family program.
The Adopt a Family Program is designed to assist individuals, families, and foster children/foster families of Crawford County that are in need during the Christmas season. Individuals and/or families must meet certain income and need-identifying criteria in order to be eligible.
Sponsors will be provided (non-identifying) information of each individual and/or family member, age, clothing sizes, and gift options. Both sponsor and recipient identifying information is kept confidential; sponsors will not meet the recipient(s), and DHS staff or volunteers will be delivering the gifts to the recipients in order to maintain confidentiality.
Some guidelines include:
- Gifts can be wrapped, however you may provide wrapping paper and tags and we will wrap.
- All gifts must be new. Please do not give second-hand clothing or toys.
- Please do not give cash. You may want to provide the individual/family with gift cards (Meijer’s, Wal-Mart, etc.).
- Please provide a Christmas Dinner gift card (ex: Save-a-Lot) if you adopt a family.
Sponsors can drop off gift items Dec. 16-20 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Crawford County Department of Health & Human Services, located at 230 Huron Street in Grayling.
For information contact Darcie Bowers at 989-798-4755 or e-mail: email@example.com
– Photo courtesy of familyvacationcritic.com