GRAYLING and surrounding counties
CAMP GRAYLING HAS FOUR (4) MAJOR RANGE COMPLEX AREAS
- SOUTH CAMP (small arms ranges): W of Lake Margrethe, E of the pipeline; on Howe, Murphy and Daniels Roads.
- RANGE 13 COMPLEX & Light Demo Ranges 20-21 (mortars & demolition range): Respectively located at the S end of Beaver
- Road in Crawford County and W of Engineer Valley in Kalkaska County.
- RANGE 30 Multi-Purpose Range Complex (MPRC): Fenced Range bounded by N. Down River Road, Stephan Bridge Road, Bucks E-W Truck Trail and Tank Trail parallel to Jones Lake Road. Weapon size determines road closure.
-Small Fan: The MPRC fenced area plus, all roads and trails outside the MPRC fence, bounded by Stephan Bridge Rd, Dyer Truck Trail, Wakely Bridge Road and an unnamed county trail approximately 3km. S and parallel to Co. Hwy. 612.
-Large Fan: Small fan, plus all roads and trails bounded by Wakely Bridge Road, then E for one mile to intersection of
N. Down River Road and Bald Hill Truck Trail, then N to an unnamed county trail approximately 4km. S of Village of
Lovells, then W parallel to Co. Hwy. 612 back to Wakely Bridge Road.
-RANGE 40 COMPLEX (Artillery and Air-To-Ground Range): Fenced area SE of Marlette Road and SW of Sand Lake Trail, W
of Lonesome Lake Rd and KP Truck Trail and 2-2.25km N of Co. Hwy. 612. Gates and barricades vary outside the fence based on
weapon systems. Includes artillery firing points (FPs) located around the entire range.
**BUSINESSES/RESTAURANTS** Expect another week of increased business as we will be hosting
National Guard Soldiers from Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, West Virginia and Ohio.
· Range 40 Complex gates are CLOSED July 18-22 for A-10 aerial gunnery and bombing with occasional night flights
· South Camp is active with Small Arms or Demolitions July 18, 19, 23 & 24
· Range 30 Complex gates are OPEN all week.
For further clarification about gate closures, always call Camp Grayling Headquarters at 989-344-6100. For the most up-to-date information on Camp Grayling, please search for Camp Grayling Joint Maneuver Training Center on Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn. Stay safe out there and Be All You Can Be!!!