Grayling Chamber Chatter
Grayling Chamber Now Accepting Nominations for Awards Gala
Grayling – The Grayling Regional Chamber of Commerce will be recognizing local Individuals, Businesses, and Organizations for their community involvement, dedication and service to the Grayling and Crawford County area over the course of this past year at the upcoming Chamber Awards Gala “One Havana Night” on March 6th.
Nominations can be submitted online at graylingchamber.com/chamber-events/awards gala or paper forms can be found at the Chamber office Mon-Fri 9am-3pm. If you are interested in nominating someone under one of our award categories listed below, please complete (be as descriptive as possible, tell us WHY you feel they should receive this award, as just a name will not suffice) and submit the nomination form that applies no later than January 27th. Nomination forms must be complete and will not be considered under any circumstance after this date.
Seeking Nominations for the following Award Categories…
Kirk Wakefield Service Member of the Year – NEW AWARD! – This award was inspired by the recent recipient of the 2018 Citizen of the Year Award, the late Kirk Wakefield. This award may be given to someone whose contributions and/or commitment of service as Military or First Responders (i.e.: Police Officer, Public Safety, Firefighter, EMS, etc.) has made a positive impact on the Grayling/Crawford County community over the past year. This award recognizes those who continue to put their lives on the line for the safety of others in our community/country.
Longevity Award – To a business that has withstood the test of time, has sincere relationships with their employees and their customers, has helped make an economic impact in Crawford County, and continues to help our community thrive. Must be a current Chamber Member as of 2019.
Chamber Member Business of the Year – Chamber Member Business that exemplifies exceptional customer service, generosity, giving of their time, money, staff and/or facilities for community benefit, or has implemented new construction or renovation projects that serve as an investment or as an enhancement to Crawford County, over the course of the past year. To the business that is an example to other businesses in the community, one who supports the Chamber, and who has been a leader in their industry and in the community as a whole. Must be a current Chamber Member as of 2019.
Chamber Member Organization of the Year – A Chamber Member Organization that has exemplified excellence in service work throughout the past year. For showing generosity by giving time, money, staff/volunteers, facilities, among other things for community benefit, setting an example for other organizations in the community, supporting the Chamber, and being a leader in the organization as well as the community. Must be a current Chamber Member as of 2019.
You Made it Happen – Given to a person, business or organization who, through exceptional contributions and/or commitment, positively affected the growth of the Grayling/Crawford County community over the past year by implementing one specific event, service, project or idea (i.e. fundraiser, community event, etc).
Citizen of the Year – To the person who has given of themselves to make Crawford County a “Great Place to Live!” The Citizen of the Year is one of the highest honors bestowed by the Chamber. The person, who goes above and beyond the call of duty, is always there when someone needs a hand, and who has contributed to make Crawford County a special place. The purpose of the Citizen of the Year Award is to recognize those who contribute and give back to their community. The nominee may be recognized for contributions made during the previous year or over the course of a lifetime. When nominating someone, please consider the following criteria: diversity of activities, length of service, degree of involvement, and the impact to Crawford County.
To better help with your nomination process, a list of Chamber Members can be found at www.graylingchamber.com under The Membership Directory.
Join us on Friday, March 6 from 5-10:30 p.m. at Kirtland Event Center for an evening getaway, as we celebrate at the cabana for Chamber Awards Gala with an island (formal) theme “One Havana Night”.
We will be celebrating all our chamber member and community accomplishments on island time! The evening’s festivities will include dinner, award ceremony, silent auction, 50/50, musical entertainment, dancing, and a cash bar! Tickets are $25 each and will be available for presale only at the Chamber office from Jan. 15-26 (or until sold out, seating is limited).
What’s happening at the Chamber in 2020?
- January 23, 2020 – Business After Hours–Tri County Agency & Spike’s Keg O’ Nails, 5:30-7:30pm at Spike’s Keg O’ Nails
- March 6, 2020 – Chamber Awards Gala “One Havana Night” at Kirtland Event Center (Kirtland Health Sciences Center, Grayling)
- March 26, 2020 – Business After Hours, 5:30-7:30pm – PENDING LOCATION
- April 16, 2020 – Chamber Business Expo, 3-7pm (3-4pm Vendors Only / 4-7pm Open to Public) at Ramada Inn, Grayling
- May 14, 2020 – Business After Hours – Grayling Country Club, 5:30-7:30pm at Grayling Country Club
- June 5, 2020 – Chamber Golf Outing, 9am Shotgun Start at Fox Run Country Club
- June 25, 2020 – Business After Hours–CC Historical Society & Grayling Main Street, 5:30-7:30pm at CC Historical Museum
- July 17-25, 2020 – AuSable River Festival & Canoe Marathon – www.ausableriverfest.com
- August 27, 2020 – Business After Hours – Friends of Hartwick Pines, 5:30-7:30pm at Hartwick Pines Memorial Building
- September 23-24, 2020 – Northern Michigan Business Conference at Kirtland Event Center (Kirtland Health Sciences Center)
- September 24, 2020 – Business After Hours, 5:30-7:30pm at Kirtland Event Center (to follow conference)
- October 22, 2020 – Business After Hours, 5:30-7:30pm – PENDING LOCATION
- December 3, 2020 – Chamber Holiday After Hours, 5:30-7:30pm at AuSable Artisan Village
Visit www.graylingchamber.com or call 989-348-2921 at any time for Crawford County and Chamber Member information and a list of upcoming chamber, chamber member, and community events.