Year in review
I cannot believe that another year is drawing to a close! This past year has been a very busy year for your local Chamber and we would like to extend a very sincere ‘thank you’ to all of our members, volunteers, staff, board of directors, ambassadors and our community for your continued support. All of the activities, events, and day-to-day operations of the Chamber would not be possible without the help we receive from so many different people, businesses and organizations.
As we head into the New Year, we look back at the wonderful things our community has helped the Chamber do this past year, and would like to highlight some of those efforts:
- Chamber Awards Night – recognizing citizens and businesses for their efforts throughout the year:
- Citizen of the Year 2016 – Sheryl Coyne
- Chamber Member of the Year 2016 – Jack Millikin Inc.
- You Made It Happen 2016 – Butch Weaver
- 5th Annual Business Expo at Ramada Inn – Nearly 100 vendors set up and 600+ guests attended
- 9th Annual Chamber Golf Outing at Grayling Country Club – 14 teams and dozens of sponsors participated
- AuSable River Festival – brings in thousands of visitors to our town and into our businesses each year:
- Kid’ Day provided fun and laughter for over 500 children from the area
- HUP Race had 15 teams entered including some very creative costumes and boats
- 32nd Annual Classic Car Show had a great year with nearly 140 classic & modern muscle cars on display and Pre-Show Cruise Night had over 70 cars join them this year!
- 40th Annual Arts & Crafts Show and accompanying Food Court brought in over 100 vendors
- Business After Hours – Monthly networking events sponsored by member businesses/organizations.
- Spotlight-A-Member – Chamber Ambassador’ Club program that highlights a member each month.
- Weekly Chamber Newsletter – reaches nearly 1,000 business members and community members.
- Continuing Education – your Chamber staff attends several educational and networking meetings and functions throughout the year to better serve our members and community.
We look forward to an amazing 2018 together! Keep an eye out for next month’ edition with upcoming 2018 Chamber Events!
Visit www.graylingchamber.com or call 989-348-2921 at any time for area information and a list of upcoming chamber, chamber member, and community events.
Au Sable Media Group, LLC, is a veteran-owned company that owns and operates the Roscommon County Voice, Crawford County Voice, Michigan Boomers and Voice of the Au Sable.
Our focus is on the positive people and events that make Northern Michigan a great place to live, vacation, work and play.
We have been commercial printers and publishers since 2010, specializing in brochures, rack cards, magazines and other newspapers and publications. A new addition to our stable of marketing products are various promotional items such as shirts, hats, mugs, water bottles and much more.
Through our publications and website at UpNorthVoice.com, we cover the following communities: Roscommon, Houghton Lake, St. Helen, Higgins Lake, Grayling, Frederic, Gaylord, Lewiston, Johannesburg, Atlanta, Hillman, Fairview, Comins, McKinley, Mio, Rose City, West Branch, Hale, Glennie, Sand Lake, Harrisville, Tawas City, East Tawas, Oscoda, Au Sable AuGres, Standish, Omer, Sterling, Gladwin, Beaverton, Kalkaska, South Boardman, Fife Lake, Mancelona, Alden, Traverse City, and Waters.
Our staff regularly covers the following school districts: Roscommon, Houghton Lake, St. Helen, Grayling, Mio and Fairview.
We can also be found on Facebook at Roscommon County Voice, Voice of the Au Sable, Michigan Boomers and Crawford County Voice.
For information on promoting your business in any of our products please contact Tracy Constance at 989-275-1170 (email@example.com) or Walt Smith at 989-390-5359 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you have information you would like to see published, email Theresa Ekdom at email@example.com. You can also enter calendar items at your convenience at ww.UpNorthVoice.com.
Au Sable Media Group is an equal opportunity employer and follows all applicable state and federal laws.