REGION – The Au Sable River Canoe Marathon is officially held July 30, but spectator guides will be inserted in regional publications and on newsstands across Northeast Michigan.
Be sure to attend any of the below events. There are dozens of activities for individuals and families.
Tuesday, July 26
– Kid’s Day in Grayling City Park, 10am–2pm
– Rock & Rest at Grayling Nature Center (City Park), 10am–2pm
– Da$h for Ca$h Sprints in Oscoda, 5pm
Wednesday, July 27
– Time Trials for AuSable River Canoe Marathon at Penrod’s Canoe Livery, 3–6pm
– H.U.P. (“Hurry Up & Paddle”) Race in Grayling City Park, 5:30pm
Thursday, July 28
– Marathon Coffee Break at FirstMerit Bank, 9–11am
– Farm Market in City Parking Lot (between Xpress Copy & North Country Corners), 11am–5pm
– Time Trials for AuSable River Canoe Marathon at Penrod’s Canoe Livery, 3–8pm
– Business Canoe Relays at Penrod’s Canoe Livery, 4:20pm–???
– AuSable River C-1 Express Race at Penrod’s Canoe Livery (goes to Burton’s Landing), 7:15pm
Friday, July 29
– Arts & Crafts Show in Grayling City Park, 10am–8pm
– AuSable Dance Booster Concessions under City Park Pavilion, 10am–8pm
– Rock & Rest at Grayling Nature Center (City Park), 10am–3pm
– Grayling Eagles #3465 Steak Out (4-7pm), Live Music (7pm), and Beer Tent (11am-Close) at Grayling Eagles’ Club
– Time Trials for AuSable River Canoe Marathon at Penrod’s Canoe Livery, 2:00–4:30pm
– Special Olympics Canoe Races at Penrod’s Canoe Livery, 2:45pm
– 6 th Annual Cruise Night at Northstar Auto Wash, 6:30pm
– Paddler’s Pre-Race Briefing at Ramada Inn of Grayling, 5:30pm
– Paddler’s Dinner at Ramada Inn of Grayling (OPEN TO PUBLIC), immediately following the briefing (approx 6:30pm)
Saturday, July 30
– Chris Cakes Famous Flapjack Breakfast at Michelson Memorial United Methodist Church, 7–11am
– 31st Annual Classic Car Show on Michigan Ave, 8am–4pm (Registration 6–8am, Trophies 2pm)
– GRA’s 5K, 10K & 1 Mile Fun Run–starts at Hanson Hills (new location during construction), 9am (Registration 7:30–8:30am)
– Arts & Crafts Show at Grayling City Park, 9am–6pm
– AuSable Dance Booster Concessions under City Park Pavilion, 9am–6pm
– Food Court on Michigan Avenue, 9am–6pm
– Farm Market in City Parking Lot (between Xpress Copy & North Country Corners), 10am–2pm
– Q100.3 Michigan Music Uncovered Showcase, Michigan Avenue (in front of Shoppenagons), 12–6pm
– Grayling Eagles Horseshoe Tournament (10am), Breakfast Burritos/Burgers/Dogs (11–6), Beer Tent/Music (11am–Close) at Eagles’ Club
– Beer Tent & Food at Grayling American Legion, 12–10pm
– AuSable River Festival Parade, 3pm (Attendees line up along Lake St.)
– 4 th Annual Arctic Glacier Mini-Marathon Youth Canoe Race at Old AuSable Fly Shop, 4pm
– Pre-Race Program at Old AuSable Fly Shop, 6pm
– Introduction of Paddlers at Old AuSable Fly Shop, 7pm
– Posting of the Colors at Old AuSable Fly Shop, 7:45pm
– Start of the 69th Annual AuSable River Canoe Marathon at the Old AuSable Fly Shop, 9pm (paddling from Grayling to Oscoda)
Sunday, July 31
– End of 69th Annual AuSable River Canoe Marathon (ends on the shores of Lake Huron in Oscoda – Leaders 11:30am to Finishers 4pm)
Au Sable Media Group, LLC, is a veteran-owned company that owns and operates the Roscommon County Voice, Crawford County Voice, Michigan Boomers and Voice of the Au Sable.
Our focus is on the positive people and events that make Northern Michigan a great place to live, vacation, work and play.
We have been commercial printers and publishers since 2010, specializing in brochures, rack cards, magazines and other newspapers and publications. A new addition to our stable of marketing products are various promotional items such as shirts, hats, mugs, water bottles and much more.
Through our publications and website at UpNorthVoice.com, we cover the following communities: Roscommon, Houghton Lake, St. Helen, Higgins Lake, Grayling, Frederic, Gaylord, Lewiston, Johannesburg, Atlanta, Hillman, Fairview, Comins, McKinley, Mio, Rose City, West Branch, Hale, Glennie, Sand Lake, Harrisville, Tawas City, East Tawas, Oscoda, Au Sable AuGres, Standish, Omer, Sterling, Gladwin, Beaverton, Kalkaska, South Boardman, Fife Lake, Mancelona, Alden, Traverse City, and Waters.
Our staff regularly covers the following school districts: Roscommon, Houghton Lake, St. Helen, Grayling, Mio and Fairview.
We can also be found on Facebook at Roscommon County Voice, Voice of the Au Sable, Michigan Boomers and Crawford County Voice.
For information on promoting your business in any of our products please contact Tracy Constance at 989-275-1170 (email@example.com) or Walt Smith at 989-390-5359 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you have information you would like to see published, email Theresa Ekdom at email@example.com, or Elana Warsen at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also enter calendar items at your convenience at www.UpNorthVoice.com.
Au Sable Media Group is an equal opportunity employer and follows all applicable state and federal laws. Our corporate office is located at 709 Lake Street in beautiful downtown Roscommon, Michigan.